Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Rainbow Days!
Rainbow Days is thankful for the 1,500+ volunteers who give of their time and talent to further our mission each year. To get started as a volunteer with Rainbow Days, please review our application process below.
Every prospective volunteer is required to complete a volunteer application AND undergo a criminal background check PRIOR to volunteering with Rainbow Days. Background checks are not required for minors under 18 years of age.
Adult Volunteers: Upon completion of the volunteer application, you will be sent a separate email containing a link to fill out a background check questionnaire through VolunteerNow’s secure veriFYI system. The background check is strictly screening for criminal offenses only and does not include a credit check of any kind. VolunteerNOW is a Consumer Reporting Agency and therefore is required by law to provide a copy of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to all applicants although a credit check is not being run as part of the criminal background check process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the background check process, you may contact VolunteerNow directly at 214-818-9839 or Rainbow Days’ Volunteer Manager, Sunni Roaten, at 214-217-3833.
- ALL volunteers MUST complete a criminal background check before working with the children we serve.
- The criminal background questionnaire must be completed at least 7 days beforeyour volunteer date.
- You will not be allowed to volunteer directly with children until your CBC has cleared.
- Completion of the volunteer application and the background check does not guarantee that an individual will be selected as a volunteer. Volunteers will be selected at the sole discretion of Rainbow Days.
- All volunteers are expected to review and abide by the guidelines as outlined in the Rainbow Days Volunteer Handbook.
Youth Volunteers: Youth volunteers, ages 12-17, are allowed to volunteer ONLY if they are accompanied by an Adult Chaperone. The Adult Chaperone is expected to stay with the youth they are accompanying throughout the duration of the volunteer placement. Youth volunteers are expected to demonstrate a positive attitude, mature behavior, and diligent work ethic at all times. Please read our Children and Youth Volunteer Policy in its entirety before signing up any minor to volunteer.
Please Note: It is our policy to re-run criminal background checks on returning volunteers every 2 years. We also reserve the right to run a background check at any time.